Olive oil production at Island Markets
Olives being processed
Olive Groves of Tasmania is the largest producer of olive oil in the State. They have 17,000 trees in the Coal River Valley. These are harvested in the early winter months and are brought to the Moonah factory. There they are processed in a state-of-the-art Enorossi oil extraction machine.
Tasmanian olive oil is far more nutritious than most extra-virgin oil produced in warmer climates.
Visit the Olive Groves of Tasmania website.
The following video shows the harvesting of our olives and processing at our Moonah facility:
“You can buy Olive Groves of Tasmania extra-virgin olive oil at Island Markets.”
produce market specials
SPECIALS AVAILABLE FROM 30/10/2014 to 02/11/2014
- Sliced Yearling Porterhouse Steak $13.99 kg
- Premium Beef Mince $6.99 kg
- Tasmanian Strawberries 250gm punnet $2.99 each or 2 for $5.00
- Zucchini $2.99 kg
- Broccoli $3.29 kg
- Tasmanian Scallops $27.99 kg
- Tasmanian Ling Fillets $25.99 kg
- Tasmanian Gummy Shark $20.99 kg
Open 9 am to 5 pm THURSDAY TO SUNDAY
VARIETY OF OTHER FISH AVAILABLE. MORE GREAT SPECIALS IN MEAT, FRUIT AND VEG