Olive oil production at Island Markets
Olives being processed
Olive Groves of Tasmania is the largest producer of olive oil in the State. They have 17,000 trees in the Coal River Valley. These are harvested in the early winter months and are brought to the Moonah factory. There they are processed in a state-of-the-art Enorossi oil extraction machine.
Tasmanian olive oil is far more nutritious than most extra-virgin oil produced in warmer climates.
Visit the Olive Groves of Tasmania website.
The following video shows the harvesting of our olives and processing at our Moonah facility:
“You can buy Olive Groves of Tasmania extra-virgin olive oil at Island Markets.”
produce market specials
ISLAND MARKETS PRODUCE SPECIALS
Open 9 am to 5 pm THURSDAY TO SUNDAY
SPECIALS AVAILABLE FROM 10/04/2014 to 13/04/2014
- Yearling Porterhouse Steak $10.99 kg
- Bananas $2.29kg
- Tasmanian Cauliflowers $2.49 kg
- Tasmanian 2KG Prepack Carrots $1.99 a bag
- Little chef 750 GM Prepacked Short Cut Bacon Rashers $5.99 pkt
- Frozen Battered Prawns 1KG PKT $10.99 pkt
- Stripey Trupeter Skin on Fillets $24.99 kg
- Spot Trevally Fillets $10.99kg
- Atlantic Salmon Tails $8.99 kg
VARIETY OF OTHER FISH AVAILABLE. MORE GREAT SPECIALS IN MEAT, FRUIT AND VEG