Olive oil production at Island Markets
Olives being processed
Olive Groves of Tasmania is the largest producer of olive oil in the State. They have 17,000 trees in the Coal River Valley. These are harvested in the early winter months and are brought to the Moonah factory. There they are processed in a state-of-the-art Enorossi oil extraction machine.
Tasmanian olive oil is far more nutritious than most extra-virgin oil produced in warmer climates.
Visit the Olive Groves of Tasmania website.
The following video shows the harvesting of our olives and processing at our Moonah facility:
“You can buy Olive Groves of Tasmania extra-virgin olive oil at Island Markets.”
produce market specials
ISLAND MARKET PRODUCE SPECIALS
open Thursday - Sunday 9 am to 5 pm
(AVAILABLE from 18th MAY)
- YEARLING TOPSIDE STEAK $ 7.49 KG
- DICED BEEF $ 6.99 KG
- APPLES ALL VARIETIES $ 0.99 KG
- WHITING $ 5.99 KG OR 3KG FOR $12
- CAULIFLOWERS $ 2.59 EACH
- BROWN NOINS 10KG BAG $ 3.99 KG
- OYSTERS $ 6.99 DOZEN SPLIT
- TASMANIAN GARFISH $ 12.99 KG
- ORANGE ROUGHY FILLETS $ 25.99 KG
- A GRADE ATLANTIC SALMON FILLETS SKIN ON $ 22.99 KG
- WHOLE ATLANTIC SALMON 1-2 KG $12.99 KG
- TASMANIAN SAND MULLET $6.99 KG OR 3KG FOR $ 10
- WHOLE BONITO TUNA $16.99 KG
food and drink
house and garden
gifts and collectibles
If you’d like to receive news of our weekly fresh produce specials, register for our email news updates.