Olive oil production at Island Markets
Olives being processed
Olive Groves of Tasmania is the largest producer of olive oil in the State. They have 17,000 trees in the Coal River Valley. These are harvested in the early winter months and are brought to the Moonah factory. There they are processed in a state-of-the-art Enorossi oil extraction machine.
Tasmanian olive oil is far more nutritious than most extra-virgin oil produced in warmer climates.
Visit the Olive Groves of Tasmania website.
The following video shows the harvesting of our olives and processing at our Moonah facility:
“You can buy Olive Groves of Tasmania extra-virgin olive oil at Island Markets.”
produce market specials
SPECIALS AVAILABLE FROM 24/07/2014 to 27/07/2014
- Sliced Yearling Round Steak $7.49kg
- Premium Beef Mince $6.99kg
- Sliced Yearling Porterhouse Steak $13.99kg
- 10kg Local King Edward Potatoes $7.99bag
- 10kg Russet Burbank Potatoes $6.99bag
- Fresh Tasmanian Scallops $29.99kg
- Fresh Blue Grenadier Fillets $8.99kg
- Back due to popular demand - FRESH TASMANIAN GUMMY SHARK FILLETS $17.99kg
Open 9 am to 5 pm THURSDAY TO SUNDAY
VARIETY OF OTHER FISH AVAILABLE. MORE GREAT SPECIALS IN MEAT, FRUIT AND VEG