Island Markets, Moonah
Island Markets is an indoor market in Gormanston Road, Moonah, a suburb of Hobart, Tasmania.
Island Markets was established by the Caccavo family in 2002. Ralph Caccavo, together with his son, Rocky, has diversified business interests in Tasmania, from commercial property and building construction to olive groves, and to the processing and export of seafood.
Island Markets is the only true central market in Tasmania. It encompasses the largest live and fresh seafood market in Tasmania, as well as fresh produce markets for fruit, vegetables, meat, dairy and deli lines. Island Markets also houses the largest independent liquidation outlet in Tasmania.
Other business interests of the Caccavo family:
- Ralph’s Tasmanian Seafood Pty Ltd – The world’s largest supplier of live abalone caught in the wild.
- Statewide Constructions (Aust) Pty Ltd – constructing steel-framed modular and flatpack homes, warehouses, garages and sheds.
- Olive Groves of Tasmania – the largest olive growers and olive oil processors in Tasmania.
- Ramarosi Investments Pty Ltd – commercial property investments
- R & M Tasmanian Imports – importers of inflatable boats, fishing gear and other products from China
“Island Markets –
the locals shop.”
There are opportunities for new vendors and stallholders at Island Markets.
produce market specials
SPECIALS AVAILABLE FROM 31/07/2014 to 03/08/2014
- Yearling Top Side Roasts $7.99kg
- Sliced Yearling Rump Steak $9.99kg
- 10kg Bag Ranger Potatoes $5.99bag
- 2kg Pre Pack Carrots $2.69each
- 1kg Net Lemons $2.79each
- Fresh Tasmanian Scallops $29.99kg
- Flat Head Fillets Skin On $21.99kg
- Whiting $6.99kg or 2kg For $12.00
- Barossa Oil - 250ml $4.99 -500ml $6.99 - 1lt 8.99
Open 9 am to 5 pm THURSDAY TO SUNDAY
VARIETY OF OTHER FISH AVAILABLE. MORE GREAT SPECIALS IN MEAT, FRUIT AND VEG